Can Lean Business Analysis Help?
- Will your current projects return the most value to your business?
- Have you leveraged technology to improve business efficiency?
- Concerned that a critical project will not meet customer expectations?
- Looking for techniques to improve your software delivery?
Our approach is simple:
Talk to people. Find out what they really need and why. Find out what needs provide the most value. Help implement solutions to provide the most value.
All successful business analysis solutions emerge from communication and consideration of customers’ needs—spoken and unspoken.
Rather than offer canned solutions that aren’t a fit for anyone, we utilize business analysis approaches to quickly assess your current situation, understand where you want to go and add pointed value to your business.
Our business analysis methods have resulted in a string of success stories and satisfied customers. We know every organization is different, which is why our methods offer the flexibility to succeed in a variety of environments.
Lean principles are important to business analysis. We consider lean to be a core business analysis competency because analysis is focused on improving organizations. Lean is central to that improvement. Eliminating waste from systems, focusing on customers, identifying & fixing problems and continuous improvement are all important parts of lean and critical to business analysis.
Here are a few of the issues we see on a regular basis:
- Analysis work being done months or even years before development–leading to outdated and unclear features.
- Customers, analysts, developers and testers not collaborating–leading to multiple interpretations of features and costly relearning.
- Specifications documents that are difficult for customers and developers alike to understand–contributing to developing unneeded features and wasting time and money.
While these are just a few of the challenges we deal with, there are better ways to not only address these issues and improve business analysis practices, but also overall business success.